Close your eyes and picture the perfect seaside idyll. The result is bound to look like at least one of these beauties from Antigua to Polynesia via Greece and France
- Five of the best UK beaches
- Best beaches for action and activities
- 10 great European beaches for families
- Five of the world’s best wild beaches
As if a beach like this needed any enhancement, pink-hued sand ups the ante in the picture-postcard stakes at Source d’Argent, a secluded cove on La Digue, the Seychelles’ third-largest island (in an archipelago of 115). Huge, weathered granite boulders bookend the shore, and there are nearby restaurants for sampling Creole-inspired cuisine.
• Airbnb has 33 pads rented as a whole property on La Digue, including lovely Holzveranda (£120 a night for four, airbnb.co.uk) in a tropical garden